Patients and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Metaplastic carcinoma of the breast: multimodality imaging and histopathologic assessment.Acta Radiologica. 2012; 53: 5-11
- Metaplastic breast carcinomas are enriched in markers of tumor initiating cells and epithelial to mesenchymal transition.Mod Pathol. 2012; 25: 178-184
- Classification of metaplastic carcinomas of the breast.Pathol Annu. 1992; 27: 89-119
- Metaplastic breast carcinomas are basal-like breast cancers: a genomic profiling analysis.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2009; 117: 273-280
- Metaplastic breast cancer: clinical significance.Am J Surg. 2006; 191: 657-664
- Metaplastic breast cancer: clinical features and outcomes.Am Surg. 2005; 71: 725-730
- Metaplastic carcinoma of the breast: mammographic and sonographic findings.J Clin Ultrasound. 2000; 28: 179-186
- Worse prognosis of metaplastic breast cancer patients than other patients with triple-negative breast cancer.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010; 120: 627-637
- Metaplastic breast carcinoma: clinicopathologic features and prognostic value of triple negativity.Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2010; 40: 112-118
- Metaplastic carcinoma of the breast.Hum Pathol. 2010; 41: 960-970
- Unique characteristics and failure patterns of metaplastic breast cancer in contrast to invasive ductal carcinoma: a retrospective multicenter case-control study (KROG 13-07).Clin Breast Cancer. 2015; 15: e105-e115
- Molecular signatures of metaplastic carcinoma of the breast by large-scale transcriptional profiling: identification of genes potentially related to epithelial-mesenchymal transition.Oncogene. 2007; 26: 7859-7871
- Metaplastic breast cancer: clinical overview and molecular aberrations for potential targeted therapy.Curr Oncol Rep. 2015; 17: 431
Ion AmpliSeq Cancer Hotspot Panel v2. Available at: http://www.invitrogen.com. Accessed: August 1, 2015.
J. Craig Ventner Institute. SIFT. Available at: http://sift.jcvi.org/. Accessed: August 1, 2015.
Brigham and Women's Hospital. PolyPhen-2 prediction of functional effects of human nsSNPs. Available at: http://genetics.bwh.harvard.edu/pph2/index.shtml. Accessed: August 1, 2015.
- Metaplastic carcinoma of the breast clinical presentation, treatment results and prognostic factors.Acta Oncol. 2006; 45: 188-195
- Metaplastic breast cancer: a comparison between the most common histologies with poor immunohistochemistry factors.BMC Cancer. 2015; 15: 75-78
- Metaplastic breast carcinoma: A case report and systematic review of the literature.Pathol Int. 2011; 61: 582-588
Cubit. South Carolina demographics. Available at: http://www.southcarolina-demographics.com/greenville-county-demographics. Accessed: August 1, 2015.
- The triple negative paradox: primary tumor chemosensitivity of breast cancer subtypes.Clin Can Res. 2007; 13: 2329-2334
- Metaplastic breast cancer: prognosis and response to systemic therapy.Ann Oncol. 1999; 10: 413-419
- Metaplastic breast cancer: histologic characteristics, prognostic factors and systemic treatment strategies.Exp Hematol Oncol. 2013; 2: 31-37
- A C-terminal mutant of CCAAT-enhancer-binding protein α (C/EBPα-Cm) downregulates Csf1r, a potent accelerator in the progression of acute myeloid leukemia with C/EBPα-Cm.Exp Hematol. 2015; 43: 300-308.e1
- Leukocyte complexity predicts breast cancer survival and functionally regulates response to chemotherapy.Cancer Disc. 2011; 1: 54-67
- Proteolytic processing of ErbB4 in breast cancer.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e39413
- Characterization of a naturally occurring breast cancer subset enriched in epithelial-tomesenchymal transition and stem cell characteristics.Cancer Res. 2009; 69: 4116-4124
- A phase I/II study of sunitinib and intensive chemotherapy in patients over 60 years of age with acute myeloid leukaemia and activating FLT3 mutations.Br J Haematol. 2015; 169: 694-700
- Genomic profiling of advanced-stage, metaplastic breast carcinoma by next-generation sequencing reveals frequent, targetable genomic abnormalities and potential new treatment options.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2015; 139: 642-649
- Analysis of the genome to personalize therapy for melanoma.Oncogene. 2010; 29: 5545-5555
- A phase I study of daily afatinib, an irreversible ErbB family blocker, in combination with weekly paclitaxel in patients with advanced solid tumours.Eur J Can. 2015; 51: 2275-2284
- Neoadjuvant treatment with docetaxel plus lapatinib, trastuzumab, or both followed by an anthracycline-based chemotherapy in HER2-positive breast cancer: results of the randomised phase II EORTC 10054 study.Ann Oncol. 2015; 26: 325-332
- Prospective biomarker analysis of the randomized CHER-LOB study evaluating the dual anti-HER2 treatment with trastuzumab and lapatinib plus chemotherapy as neoadjuvant therapy for HER2-positive breast cancer.Oncologist. 2015; 20: 1001-1010
A Phase Ib/II Study of the Combination of BYL719 Plus AMG 479 in Adult Patients With Selected Solid Tumors. Available at: www.clinicaltrials.gov. Accessed: August 15, 2016.
- Gene mutations and molecularly targeted therapies in acute myeloid leukemia.Am J Blood Res. 2013; 3: 29-51
- Targetable kinase-activating lesions in Ph-like acute lymphoblastic leukemia.N Engl J Med. 2014; 371: 1005-1015