Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cancer statistics, 2016.CA Cancer J Clin. 2016; 66: 7-30
Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program. n.d. SEER stat fact sheets: female breast cancer. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/breast.html. Accessed: June 20, 2016.
- Treatment differences and other prognostic factors related to breast cancer survival. Delivery systems and medical outcomes.JAMA. 1994; 271: 1163-1168
National Cancer Institute. Breast cancer—health professional version. Available at: http://www.cancer.gov/types/breast/hp. Accessed: July 11, 2016.
- Twenty-year follow-up of a randomized trial comparing total mastectomy, lumpectomy, and lumpectomy plus irradiation for the treatment of invasive breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 1233-1241
- Correlates and effect of suboptimal radiotherapy in women with ductal carcinoma in situ or early invasive breast cancer.Cancer. 2008; 113: 3108-3115
Simsek FS. 2000. Five year survival analysis of patients with clinical stages I and IIA breast cancer who received initial treatment at North Carolina hospitals. Available at: http://www.schs.state.nc.us/SCHS/pdf/CHIS123.pdf. Accessed: January 29, 2016.
- Disparities in the application of adjuvant radiotherapy after breast-conserving surgery for early stage breast cancer: impact on overall survival.Cancer. 2011; 117: 2590-2598
- Townsend Jr., C.M. Beauchamp R.D. Evers B.M. Mattox K.L. Sabiston Textbook of Surgery. The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice. Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA2012
- Disparities in late stage diagnosis, treatment, and breast cancer-related death by race, age, and rural residence among women in Georgia.Women Health. 2012; 52: 317-335
- Contextual analysis of breast cancer stage at diagnosis among women in the United States, 2004.Open Health Serv Policy J. 2009; 2: 45-46
- Geographic and racial disparities in breast cancer-related outcomes in Georgia.Health Serv Res. 2014; 49: 481-501
- Racial disparities in clinical presentation, surgical treatment and in-hospital outcomes of women with breast cancer: analysis of nationwide inpatient sample database.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2013; 139: 561-569
- Do socioeconomic factors and race determine the likelihood of breast-conserving surgery?.Clin Breast Cancer. 2016; 16: e93-e97
- Racial segregation and disparities in breast cancer care and mortality.Cancer. 2008; 113: 2166-2172
- Hypersegregation in U.S. metropolitan areas: black and Hispanic segregation along five dimensions.Demography. 1989; 26: 373-391
- Black residential segregation, disparities in spatial access to health care facilities, and late-stage breast cancer diagnosis in metropolitan Detroit.Health Place. 2010; 16: 1038-1052
- Residential racial segregation and mortality among black, white, and Hispanic urban breast cancer patients in Texas, 1995 to 2009.Cancer. 2015; 121: 1845-1855
- Equivalent survival with mastectomy or breast-conserving surgery plus radiation in young women aged < 40 years with early-stage breast cancer: a national registry-based stage-by-stage comparison.Clin Breast Cancer. 2015; 15: 390-397
- Are mastectomies on the rise? A 13-year trend analysis of the selection of mastectomy versus breast conservation therapy in 5865 patients.Ann Surg Oncol. 2009; 16: 2682-2690
- Trends in mastectomy rates at the Mayo Clinic Rochester: effect of surgical year and preoperative magnetic resonance imaging.J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 4082-4088
- Increasing use of elective mastectomy and contralateral prophylactic surgery among breast conservation candidates: a 14-year report from a comprehensive cancer center.Am J Clin Oncol. 2013; 36: 375-380
- Equitable access to cancer services: a review of barriers to quality care.Cancer. 1999; 86: 2378-2390
- Trends in breast conserving surgery among Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, 1992-2000.J Gen Intern Med. 2005; 20: 604-611
Iceland J, Weinberg DH, Steinmetz E. Measurement of segregation by the U.S. Bureau of the Census in racial and ethnic residential segregation in the United States: 1980-2000. Available at: https://www.census.gov/prod/2002pubs/censr-3.pdf. Accessed: January 13, 2016.
- Segregation, the concentration of poverty, and the life chances of individuals.Soc Sci Res. 1991; 20: 397-420
- Geographic disparities in late-stage cancer diagnosis: multilevel factors and spatial interactions.Health Place. 2012; 18: 978-990
- Race, socioeconomic status, and breast cancer treatment and survival.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2002; 94: 490-496
- Urban/rural residence moderates effect of race on receipt of surgery in patients with nonmetastatic breast cancer: a report from the South Carolina central cancer registry.Ann Surg Oncol. 2008; 15: 1828-1836
- Cancer statistics for African Americans, 2016: progress and opportunities in reducing racial disparities.CA Cancer J Clin. 2016; 66: 290-308