- •cN0 ER+/HER- patients had higher risk of nodal upstaging compared to HER2+ & TNBC.
- •MRI or axillary ultrasound did not modulate risk for nodal upstaging.
- •Compared to NAC, use of NET did not significantly modulate risk for nodal upstaging.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Use of neoadjuvant chemotherapy for patients with stage I to III breast cancer in the United States.Cancer. 2015; 121: 2544-2552
- National trends in the use of neoadjuvant chemotherapy for hormone receptor-negative breast cancer: a National Cancer Data Base study.Ann Surg Oncol. 2017; 24: 1242-1250
- Utilization, duration, and outcomes of neoadjuvant endocrine therapy in the United States.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2019; 178: 419-426
- Effect of preoperative chemotherapy on local-regional disease in women with operable breast cancer: findings from National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project B-18.J Clin Oncol. 1997; 15: 2483-2493
- Effect of preoperative chemotherapy on the outcome of women with operable breast cancer.J Clin Oncol. 1998; 16: 2672-2685
- Primary chemotherapy to avoid mastectomy in tumors with diameters of three centimeters or more.JNCI. 1990; 82: 1539-1545
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer increases the rate of breast conservation: results from the National Cancer Database.J Am Coll Surg. 2015; 220: 1063-1069
- Decreasing use of axillary dissection in node-positive breast cancer patients treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy.Ann Surg Oncol. 2018; 25: 2596-2602
- Prognosis of residual axillary disease after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in clinically node-positive breast cancer patients: isolated tumor cells and micrometastases carry a better prognosis than macrometastases.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2017; 163: 159-166
- Long-term breast cancer survival in relation to the metastatic tumor burden in axillary lymph nodes.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2018; 171: 359-369
- Prognostic significance of residual axillary nodal micrometastases and isolated tumor cells after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer.Ann Surg Oncol. 2019; 26: 3502-3509
- Efficacy of neoadjuvant endocrine therapy compared with neoadjuvant chemotherapy in pre-menopausal patients with oestrogen receptor-positive and HER2-negative, lymph node-positive breast cancer.Breast Cancer Res. 2020; 22: 1-9
- Gauging the efficacy of neoadjuvant endocrine therapy in breast cancer patients with known axillary disease.J Surg Oncol. 2020; (Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32506815)https://doi.org/10.1002/jso.26047
- Ten-year outcomes of patients with breast cancer with cytologically confirmed axillary lymph node metastases and pathologic complete response after primary systemic chemotherapy.JAMA Oncol. 2016; 2: 508-516
- Role of axillary ultrasound examination in the selection of breast cancer patients for sentinel node biopsy.Am J Surg. 2007; 193: 16-20
- Axillary ultrasound and fine-needle aspiration in the preoperative evaluation of the breast cancer patient: an algorithm based on tumor size and lymph node appearance.Am J Roentgenol. 2010; 195: 1261-1267
- Role of sonographic elastography in the differential diagnosis of axillary lymph nodes in breast cancer.J Ultrasound Med. 2011; 30: 429-436
- Value of preoperative ultrasound-guided axillary lymph node biopsy for preventing completion axillary lymph node dissection in breast cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Ann Surg Oncol. 2014; 21: 51-59
- Magnetic resonance for assessment of axillary lymph node status in early breast cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur J Surg Oncol (EJSO). 2011; 37: 928-936
- Radiologic complete response (rCR) in contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (CE-MRI) after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for early breast cancer predicts recurrence-free survival but not pathologic complete response (pCR).Breast Cancer Res. 2019; 21: 19
- MRI does not predict pathologic complete response after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer.J Surg Oncol. 2019; 120: 903-910
- Correlation between pathologic complete response in the breast and absence of axillary lymph node metastases after neoadjuvant systemic therapy.Ann Surg. 2020; 271: 574-580
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy use in breast cancer is greatest in excellent responders: triple-negative and HER2+ subtypes.Ann Surg Oncol. 2018; 25: 2241-2248
- Surgical management of the axilla in clinically node-positive patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy: a National Cancer Database Analysis.Ann Surg Oncol. 2019; 26: 3517-3525
- Pathological complete response after neoadjuvant chemotherapy and impact on breast cancer recurrence and survival: a comprehensive meta-analysis.Clin Cancer Res. 2020; 26 (Epub 2020 Feb 11. PMID: 32046998; PMCID: PMC7299787): 2838-2848https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-19-3492
- Chemotherapy response and recurrence-free survival in neoadjuvant breast cancer depends on biomarker profiles: results from the I-SPY 1 TRIAL (CALGB 150007/150012; ACRIN 6657).Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012; 132: 1049-1062
- Tumor biology correlates with rates of breast-conserving surgery and pathologic complete response after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer: findings from the ACOSOG Z1071 (Alliance) Prospective Multicenter Clinical Trial.Ann Surg. 2014; 260: 608
- Patterns of axillary management in stages 2 and 3 hormone receptor-positive breast cancer by initial treatment approach.Ann Surg Oncol. 2019; 26: 4326-4336