- •Real-world treatment patterns and outcomes of first-line palbociclib were evaluated (n = 813).
- •Palbociclib was initiated at the recommended dose of 125 mg in 87% of patients.
- •Of 813 patients, 43% discontinued palbociclib; 11% because of toxicity.
- •Median rwPFS and time to chemotherapy were 20.0 and 36.6 months, respectively.
- •Palbociclib initiation at 125 mg was more effective than lower doses.
Patients and Methods
Trial Registration Number and Date of Registration
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Management of adverse events due to cyclin-dependent kinase 4/6 inhibitors.Breast Care (Basel). 2019; 14: 86-92
- The cyclin-dependent kinase 4/6 inhibitor palbociclib in combination with letrozole versus letrozole alone as first-line treatment of oestrogen receptor-positive, HER2-negative, advanced breast cancer (PALOMA-1/TRIO-18): a randomised phase 2 study.Lancet Oncol. 2015; 16: 25-35
- Palbociclib plus letrozole as first-line therapy in estrogen receptor-positive/human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative advanced breast cancer with extended follow-up.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2019; 174: 719-729
- Palbociclib and letrozole in advanced breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: 1925-1936
- IBRANCE® capsules. In. palbociclib.Pfizer Inc, New York, NY2019
- Palbociclib in hormone-receptor-positive advanced breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 209-219
- Real-world evidence - what is it and what can it tell us?.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: 2293-2297
- Analysis of time-to-treatment discontinuation of targeted therapy, immunotherapy, and chemotherapy in clinical trials of patients with non-small-cell lung cancer.Ann Oncol. 2019; 30: 830-838
- Comparative effectiveness of first-line palbociclib plus letrozole versus letrozole alone for HR+/HER2- metastatic breast cancer in US real-world clinical practice.Breast Cancer Res. 2021; 23: 37
- Progression-free survival for real-world use of palbociclib in hormone receptor-positive metastatic breast cancer.Clin Breast Cancer. 2020; 20: 33-40
- Real-world clinical outcomes and toxicity in metastatic breast cancer patients treated with palbociclib and endocrine therapy.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2019; 176: 429-434
- Real-world palbociclib use in HR+/HER2- advanced breast cancer in Canada: the IRIS study.Curr Oncol. 2021; 28: 678-688
- Treatment patterns and clinical outcomes of palbociclib-based therapy received in US community oncology practices.Future Oncol. 2021; 17: 1001-1011
- Treatment patterns and clinical outcomes among patients receiving palbociclib in combination with an aromatase inhibitor or fulvestrant for HR+/HER2-negative advanced/metastatic breast cancer in real-world settings in the US: results from the IRIS study.Breast. 2019; 43: 22-27
- Evaluating eligibility criteria of oncology trials using real-world data and AI.Nature. 2021; 592: 629-633
- Development and validation of a high-quality composite real-world mortality endpoint.Health Serv Res. 2018; 53: 4460-4476
- Real-world tumor response of palbociclib plus letrozole versus letrozole for metastatic breast cancer in US clinical practice.Target Oncol. 2021; 16: 601-611
Brufsky A, Liu X, Li B, McRoy L, Layman RM. Real-world tumor response of palbociclib plus letrozole vs letrozole for metstatic breast cancer in US clinical practice. Paper presented at: European Society for Medical Oncology Breast Cancer Virtual Meeting: Milan, Italy; May 23-24, 2020.
- CDK4/6 inhibitors in HR+/HER2- advanced/metastatic breast cancer: a systematic literature review of real-world evidence studies.Future Oncol. 2021; 17: 2107-2122https://doi.org/10.2217/fon-2020-1264
- Retrospective analysis of treatment patterns and effectiveness of palbociclib and subsequent regimens in metastatic breast cancer.J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2019; 17: 141-147
- Real-world evidence analysis of palbociclib prescribing patterns for patients with advanced/metastatic breast cancer treated in community oncology practice in the USA one year post approval.Breast Cancer Res. 2018; 20: 37
- Palbociclib with letrozole in postmenopausal women with ER+/HER2- advanced breast cancer: hematologic safety analysis of the randomized PALOMA-2 trial.Oncologist. 2019; 24: 1514-1525
- Hematologic adverse events following palbociclib dose reduction in patients with hormone receptor-positive/human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative advanced breast cancer: pooled analysis from randomized phase 2 and 3 studies.Breast Cancer Res. 2020; 22: 27
- Palbociclib in combination with fulvestrant in women with hormone receptor-positive/HER2-negative advanced metastatic breast cancer: detailed safety analysis from a multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled, phase III study (PALOMA-3).Oncologist. 2016; 21: 1165-1175