- •A low percentage of women resorted to or requested information and treatment from a pelvic physical therapist.
- •It seems that there is a negative correlation between the presence of pain during sexual intercourse and its effect on sexual life.
- •Surviving women of breast cancer have little knowledge about the role of physiotherapy in the conservative treatment of sexual dysfunction that can appear as a side effect of the treatments received.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Breast cancer.Nat Rev Dis Primers. 2019; 5: 66https://doi.org/10.1038/s41572-019-0111-2
- Advising women undergoing treatment for breast cancer: a narrative review.J Altern Complement Med. 2018; 24: 902-909https://doi.org/10.1089/acm.2018.0150
- Cancer survivorship.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 2438-2450https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMra1712502
- Estimaciones de la incidencia del cáncer en España, 2022.Red Esp Regist Cáncer REDECAN. 2022; (ISBN: 978-84-09-38029-9)
Cancer today. World Health Organization. Available at: https://gco.iarc.fr/today/home. [accessed 1 March 2022]
Sociedad española de oncología médica. Las cifras del 2021 cáncer en España. 2021. ISBN: 978-84-09-27704-9
- The global decrease in cancer mortality: trends and disparities.Ann Oncol. 2016; 27: 926-933https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdw027
- Sexual health in long-term breast cancer survivors.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2018; 172: 159-166https://doi.org/10.1007/s10549-018-4894-8
- Treatment-induced symptoms, depression and age as predictors of sexual problems in premenopausal women with early breast cancer receiving adjuvant endocrine therapy.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2020; 181: 347-359https://doi.org/10.1007/s10549-020-05622-5
- Management of genitourinary syndrome of menopause in female cancer patients: a focus on vaginal hormonal therapy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 222: 103-113https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2019.08.043
- Sexual dysfunction in Spanish women with breast cancer.PLoS One. 2018; 13e0203151https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0203151
- Managing menopausal symptoms and associated clinical issues in breast cancer survivors.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017; 102: 3647-3661https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2017-01138
- Sexual functioning in breast cancer survivors experiencing body image disturbance.Psychooncology. 2016; 25: 66-76https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.3819
- Efficacy and safety of treatments to improve dyspareunia in breast cancer survivors: a systematic review.Breast Care (Basel). 2020; 15: 599-607https://doi.org/10.1159/000506148
- Sexual function post-breast cancer. En: Gradishar WJ, editor. Optimizing Breast Cancer Management. Springer International Publishing.Cancer Treatment and Research. 2018; 273: 167-189https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-70197-4_11
- Exploring knowledge, attitudes and experience of genitourinary symptoms in women with early breast cancer on adjuvant endocrine therapy.Eur J Cancer Care (Engl). 2018; 27: e12820https://doi.org/10.1111/ecc.12820
- Sexual health needs and educational intervention preferences for women with cancer.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2017; 165: 77-84https://doi.org/10.1007/s10549-017-4305-6
- Health information needs and health-related quality of life in a diverse population of long-term cancer survivors.Patient Educ Couns. 2012; 89: 345-352https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pec.2012.08.014
- Sexual health communication between cancer survivors and providers: how frequently does it occur and which providers are preferred?.Psychooncology. 2015; 24: 1167-1173https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.3736
- Pelvic floor physical therapy in the treatment of pelvic floor dysfunction in women.Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 31: 485-493https://doi.org/10.1097/GCO.0000000000000584
- Physiotherapy for pelvic pain and female sexual dysfunction: an untapped resource.Int Urogynecol J. 2018; 29: 631-638https://doi.org/10.1007/s00192-017-3536-8
- Declaración de la iniciativa CHERRIES: adaptación al castellano de directrices para la comunicación de resultados de cuestionarios y encuestas online [Improving the quality of Spanish web surveys: Spanish adaptation of the checklist for reporting results of internet e-surveys (CHERRIES) to the Spanish context].Aten Primaria. 2019; 51 (Spanish): 586-589https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aprim.2019.03.005
- Ethical principles for medical research involving human subjects.JAMA. 2013; 310: 2191-2194https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2013.281053
- Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of hyaluronic acid vaginal gel to ease vaginal dryness: a multicenter, randomized, controlled, open-label, parallel-group, clinical trial.J Sex Med. 2013; 10: 1575-1584https://doi.org/10.1111/jsm.12125
- Atrophic vaginitis in breast cancer survivors: a difficult survivorship issue.J Pers Med. 2015; 5: 50-66https://doi.org/10.3390/jpm5020050
- Managing genitourinary syndrome of menopause in breast cancer survivors receiving endocrine therapy.J Oncol Pract. 2019; 15: 363-370https://doi.org/10.1200/JOP.18.00710
- Changes in body composition and weight during the menopause transition.JCI Insight. 2019; 4e124865https://doi.org/10.1172/jci.insight.124865
- Body mass index and survival in women with breast cancer-systematic literature review and meta-analysis of 82 follow-up studies.Ann Oncol. 2014; 25: 1901-1914https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdu042
- Psychological impact of alterations in sexuality, fertility, and body image in young breast cancer patients and their partners.Rev Invest Clin. 2017; 69: 111https://doi.org/10.24875/ric.17002279
- Sexual dysfunction in breast cancer survivors: is it surgical modality or adjuvant therapy?.Am J Clin Oncol. 2019; 42: 500-506https://doi.org/10.1097/COC.0000000000000552